Entertainment forum | Entertainment Community | Hollywood discussion forum | Hollywood Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums and community for Entertainment, Hollywood discussion, Hollywood Forum, New Released Movies Forum, music discussion and Upcoming movies Forum, tv shows, music, games etc.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to improve your sight-reading

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lily
Newly Recruited

How to improve your sight-reading Empty
PostSubject: How to improve your sight-reading   How to improve your sight-reading EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 9:09 pm

As an organist, I have been working Desperate Housewives seasons 1-6 dvd boxset club land in the North of England for the past 30 years or so and one of the crucial qualifications in this environment is the ability to sight read music on demand.When I say music this can be anything from a beer mat to Weeds DVD boxset ripped piece of paper repaired with sellotape and stained with beer.To be fair most of the music is written by professionals and is nice to read but not always easy.

As Dexter Season 5 DVD Boxset club organist, you do not get a band call. In fact, you are lucky to get five minutes to scan through between 10 and 15 pieces of music. Some written in different keys, and every organist will tell you they hate it when they get the dreaded 6 sharps or 6 flats or even buy true blood season 4 sharp keys in a piece of music that just happens to contain a solo especially written for you.So how do you improve your sight-reading? Well I asked my music teacher this very question as I embarked on my club land career. His answer House M.D dvd set to practice sight-reading. He went on to tell me that session musicians practice by picking up any music book start playing on page one and continue until they have finished the book.
Back to top Go down

How to improve your sight-reading
Page 1 of 1